6 Picture Perfect Tips for Instagram Brand Promotion
Brand promotion on a new social media network can be intimidating at first. It’s very normal to be confused about what is the right strategy for success. Before you start snapping and cropping photos, take a look at our six picture perfect tips for promotional success on Instagram.
Steps for Improving Instagram Brand Promotion
1. Optimize Your Profile
There are several tricks of the brand promotion trade. First and foremost, it’s essential to optimize your brand’s Instagram profile to attract more attention.
- Pick a recognizable name that is consistent with your brand.
- Choose a photo that reflects your brand image.
- Include a link to your website to direct visitor’s back there.
2. Create Jaw-Dropping Images
Since Instagram focuses on photos, the quality of the pictures images is crucial. Before posting, carefully consider what pictures would most delight your followers, resulting in high user engagement.
- Size all your photos to fit Instagram’s specifications.
- Use only high-quality images.
- Take advantage of Instagram’s editing tools.
3. Write Compelling Captions
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it doesn’t always tell the whole story. The caption is the perfect opportunity to accentuate an image.
- Be creative but keep captions short and sweet.
- Don’t just repeat what’s seen in the picture.
- Add a call-to-action to entice followers further through the Buyer’s Journey. For example, asking followers to click a link in your Instagram bio will lead them to learn more about products or services.
4. Use Targeted #Hashtags
The hashtag may seem goofy to some, but it’s an important brand promotion tool for targeting specific audiences. Adding a hashtag like #SocialMedia will enable your brand to gain more views than it normally would.
- Include trending and/or industry-specific hashtags to increase your posts’ audience size.
- Choose a few hashtags that support your brand and one hashtag to center your social media marketing campaigns around.
5. Hold Contests and Give Exclusive Offers
Periodically, companies hold contests and give exclusive offers on Instagram, which work to build brand awareness. Don’t be afraid to be creative, but always remember to plan in advance.
- Use exclusive contests and offers to attract new followers and build engagement.
- Geo-tag posts with your business’ location to let your audience know how to find you.
6. Build Audience Engagement
The brands that are the most successful on social media are those who build online communities. Rather than only posting pictures, participating in two-way communication with your followers is proven to be highly effective. This strategy encourages them to continue liking and commenting on your photos.
- Respond to on-line and off-line comments to build rapport with new and existing customers.
- Ask questions in captions to encourage comments.
- Follow and like other photos and pages to create a captive online community.
Although promoting brands on Instagram has become big business, it’s important to remember that Instagram is (and always will be) a fun distraction for its users.